What is the weather like in the Czech Republic? 
The climate is temperate. Prague is to the south of the United Kingdom and in the centre of the European landmass. During the summer it is usually slightly warmer and drier than the UK and during the Winter colder with several months of snow. However sometimes the area is subject to weather fronts from the Atlantic (and the UK), which bring more English weather to the region.

What should I pack?
It is best to pack clothes for both sun and rain. As many of the towns are cobbled and some (such as Česky Krumlov) have some steep gradients, good walking shoes are a necessity.

What's Czech food like?
Czech food is from the hearty school of central European cuisine, but has been popular with our guests. There are some great restaurants in Cesky Krumlov, Ceske Budejovice and most of the towns you might visit. 

Can I drink the tap water?
Yes. The only places where you might need to drink bottled is when you are off the beaten track. There is usually a sign saying not drinkable.

What sort of accommodation do you provide?
Our tours usually use 3* pensions or hotels, in some cases 4*. Rooms come with ensuite shower or bathroom.

Do you organize tours of Prague?
We work with local providers to offer day tours. You can combine one of our tours with a visit to Prague and either explore the city on your own or go on a tour. Just ask and we will be happy to advise.

We are a group, do you organize tailor-made tours for organisations?
Yes, we do. Just get in touch and we will discuss your requirements. 

What is the local currency?
The local currency is the Czech Koruna, although the Euro is sometimes accepted in tourist centres. Most of the costs for your holiday are included in the price, but you will want a bit of spending money. The best rates are usually obtained by bringing over cash and exchanging it in the Czech Republic or taking it out of the many cash machines you will find in Ceske Budejovice.

What documents will I need?
A current passport. If you are not an EU citizen you may need a visa. If you are hiring a car - a driving licence.

Do I need insurance?
It is a condition of booking a holiday with us that you take out fully comprehensive travel insurance. EU citizens are entitled to free emergency medical treatment if they have a current European Health Insurance Card (available from post offices) but it is not comprehensive. 

Any other questions?
If you haven't found the answer to your question here, then please email us on admin@czechtours.co.uk